Monday, May 27, 2013

Chicken

Work in progress


I think that it's time that I pause my current project and start a few new ones.  I've had this drawing as my main focus for several weeks now, and am finding my progress to be slowing down, and if my drawing is anything like the rest of my life, which is most certainly is, this is a clear indication that I need to put it down for a short time, focus on other things, then come back to it with a renewed desire to see it through to completion.

I think this is my best work, in terms of execution/craft, and in terms of embedded personal meaning.  There is still a nagging feeling that my work needs to communicate something more, and do so clearly.  That is something that cannot be awakened before its time.  As a friend told me not so long ago, "just be patient, the meaning will come."  We aren't obliged to know everything, and until this new focus becomes clear to me I will gladly keep making birds.  I'm thinking Sandhill Cranes are next.

No comments:

Post a Comment