Monday, May 20, 2013

Are ya down?

Recently I've been pondering my relationship with hip hop.  Just like all my relationships, I want this to be a healthy, fruitful one.  Reading through the book "Can't Stop, Won't Stop" has been a huge catalyst in bringing so many different things to light for me, but with this new information has come a flood of questions.  All I know is that at this point hip hop is my favorite genre of music, and that's where it stays.  I respect hip hop.  And apparently it shows.

A guy yesterday, while I was waiting for an elevator, looked at me and said, "Ya down wit da Wu-Tang?"  I was distracted, on the phone when he was trying to talk to me, but after I hung up I turned to him and asked, "Why did you ask me that?"  He smiled, and said "You look like you's down wit da Wu-Tang." I nodded my head in the affirmative fashion, slowly.  And now, I'm thinking instead of trying so hard to define this relationship right now, I should just learn more about it, grow in it.  I can't force the understanding to come, no matter how hard I might try.  In any case, yeah, I'm down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7m148vZDwJA



No comments:

Post a Comment