Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Toody

Old toody
Cutie Patoody




I updated Toody for an opening.  My work is being displayed at a coffee shop, Fireroast Cafe.  It felt a little more natural this time, preparing my work to be displayed, that is.  It is still new a new part of my process of making and selling art, but one that I can find joy in, and will continue to improve upon.  Things like this, updating previously completed work in this way, is very tangible evidence, in my opinion, that I'm getting better, and seeing more ways in which I can be a more successful artist.

Unfortunately, many times I don't see how something can improve until I've taken the time/money/energy to print and frame it.  My reject print pile is getting pretty thick and expensive, but the improvements I'm seeing make it worthwhile.




No comments:

Post a Comment